WHO WE ARE
The Sourcing team helps to take our unique designs & transform them into products to sell to our customers with the help of our third-party manufacturing partners. Internally, we partner closely with the Design & Supply Chain teams in order to give dogs & their people the best experience possible. If you couldn't tell already, we're dog & customer obsessed. We pay close attention to cost & quality, are highly flexible & entrepreneurial, & collaborative to a fault.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Our sourcing team is looking for a detail oriented, dog-obsessed Sourcing Coordinator who is obsessed with all things toy. This role will help us build a process for tracking, communicate daily with our vendors (both domestically & overseas!), & work cross-functionally with Design, Merchandising, Project Management, & Purchasing to support our team. We have toy collections growing rapidly for BarkBox, Super Chewer, & BARK Retail, & we need someone to help us stay on track & organized! A passion for all things sourcing & supply chain is a must! Dog lovers only.
- Assist with SKU/UPC creation & product information maintenance
- Request & track all sample needs (development, pre-production, post production)
- Weekly Production tracking; communicate potential delays or disruptions to larger team
- Review & collect QA/QC (PSIs, Test Reports) documents for all SKUs
- Help drive process for packaging needs; distribute art file to suppliers
- Update internal product development sheets
- 1-3 years of experience in sourcing (or equivalent)
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing weekly reporting & being responsible for data accuracy.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong verbal & written communication & follow up skills.
- Strong attention to detail & follow through.
- Resourceful, with the ability to self-direct.
- Knowledge of supply chain, sourcing, manufacturing a plus.
- Skilled in Google Suite & Excel.
- Process driven.
- PLM experience is a plus.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly scratch-loving, interspecies family member.