Customer First. Experience Driven. World Class Experiences.
The Role Youll Play:
As a design manager you will lead a team of talented visual designers to craft an inspiring & data-focused brand. You will act as a design advocate & provide guidance & mentorship to your design team. You will work closely with the marketing, events, & sales teams to deliver exceptional storytelling that drives business objectives. You will be responsible for keeping up to date on new technology & trends within the design community.
Your work will delight hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
About the Design team:
The CB Insights design team is a small & collaborative group of hardworking individuals. We know success comes from a team that can trust, challenge, & learn from one another. We value autonomy & heads down time giving each other the space to take ownership & experiment. We are constantly evolving to ensure our processes are working hard for us, not the other way around. Designers work with teams across the organization & have direct access to leadership. Our work is highly visible & directly impacts the future of the CB insights platform, branding, & customer experience.
Your Main Tasks:
- Oversee the CB Insights brand, ensuring quality & consistency that transcends trends
- Manage a team of highly motivated designers
- Work closely with marketing, research, events, & sales teams to deliver high quality design materials
- Guide team to prioritize & deliver on ambitious quarterly objectives
- Create new design strategies & streamline design processes
- Act as point of contact on projects for vendors & teams
- Maintain digital best practices
What you bring to the table:
- Strong visual storytelling ability
- Exceptional prioritization skills
- High level design thinking
- A balance between conceptual & data focused design
- A refined eye for editorial design
- Effective design advocate
- A strong understanding of design & web best practices
Youll be successful here if:
- You can make decisions quickly with a deep understanding of the bigger picture
- You're obsessed with details
- You are someone who is comfortable setting direction
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills
- You approach design with a high level of user empathy & storytelling ability
- You are curious & willing to experiment
- You are self-aware & humble
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!