Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building programs to empower & give back to the communities in which we serve & operate to drive social progress & business.
We are looking for a creative, engaging, & results-oriented leader to build out our global social impact programs. Reporting directly to the CMO, this is a strategic role within DigitalOcean thats focused on continuing the momentum DigitalOcean already has experienced with Hollies Hub for Good & our recent Pledge 1% commitment, while building out additional aspects of our social impact strategy: giving initiatives, employee engagement, go-to-market planning, internal & external campaigns, educational initiatives, & so much more.
The VP of Social Impact will, in collaboration with senior leaders across the organization, design an overarching strategy for corporate citizenship, lead the development of new & existing programs, mobilize the organization on issues that impact the company & the community, & serve as a champion inside the company & to external audiences. DigitalOceans corporate social impact program will include connecting our technology platform, people, & company assets to nonprofits, putting our resources to work to enable them to mission.
As a VP of Social Impact, you will own the positioning strategy for our giving program, develop educational content to inform our employees of their impact, create volunteer & engagement opportunities, seek & develop relationships with partners, & regularly report to the leadership team on program goals & results.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Strategy: Build out global social impact strategy based on alignment between values of the business & benefit to the community.
- Reporting: Develop appropriate goals & metrics & process for measuring the companys performance with respect to corporate citizenship.
- Industry Trends: Advise the companys leadership on global best practices with respect to social impact. Understand the strategies, policies, & programs of other companies. Stay informed of current trends & results of new approaches to social impact.
- External Communication: Partner with content & comms team to create compelling content & storytelling campaigns.
- Partnerships: Design & execute on partnerships that address issues of strategic alignment & importance. Collaborate with corporate & non-profit partners & align internal resources.
- Budgeting/Compliance: Develop & maintain an operating budget. Assess, prioritize, monitor & address potential business risks/legal compliance with respect to corporate responsibility.
- Employee Engagement: Educate internal & external stakeholders to the importance & benefits of programs implemented, activate engagement across the entire organizationat every level, in every departmentthrough meaningful community contributions.
- Go to Market: Oversee all efforts to expand the use of the platform by non-profits.
- Green Initiatives: Analyze DigitalOceans current business practices & identify key areas/create programs to decrease impact on the environment
What Well Expect From You:
- Senior-level leader with significant experience (15 years+) & previous management responsibility for issues & activities related to corporate citizenship & social impact in a global corporate setting.
- Excellent interpersonal & leadership skills to influence & build credibility; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible
- Can establish clear priorities, drive alignment & execution across multiple functions within an organization.
- Seasoned in the full range of business functions & systems, including strategic development & planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems & marketing
- Sophisticated understanding of the social impact landscape, key global issues & best practices, along with knowledge of the roles of private, non-profit, & public sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate trends & issues in business & society that affect the companys social impact agenda & reputation.
- Excellent written communications skills; excellent oral skills, including public speaking, meeting facilitation, & presentations.
- Ability to analyze & interpret data; strong business & financial acumen.
- Ability to constructively challenge conventional ways of thinking, introduce new ideas, & communicate effectively with senior leaders.
- Relevant technology industry experience, including a demonstrable understanding of how technology intersects issues of public good & corporate citizenship.
- Bonus: nonprofit experience.
- Excellent reputation for integrity & judgment
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!