Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa isthe best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & thecommon purposethat unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been & continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers anuncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
You may have noticed that payment has become a very popular area in the last several years. Given the strong demands & innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, & is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform Department is in the center for many of these technologies & development.
The Data Platform (DP) department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched & valuable ecosystem of data platform & data services that drive innovation for our partners & clients, within Visa & globally. Data is the most value asset in Visa. The Data Platform department is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning & Big Data), systems & services to make data secure, rich, high quality, & fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective & timely manner to maximize technology/business development & differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
The group maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business & external clients. The Data Platform Technical Production Management (TPM) team is responsible on defining the next generation of Visa Data Platform including the Data Platform as a Service (PaaS) & Data as a Service (DaaS). To do this, the Sr. TPM needs to understand the customer demand on data platform & deliver innovative, effective, reliable & scalable quality products & services. This position will report to the Head of Technical Product Management, Data Platform.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background inthe following area:
Candidates should be passionate, self-driven & resourceful, creative problem solvers with can-do attitude, ideally be a thought leader in above areas, very familiar with the up to date development of related cutting edge technologies especially open source projects, have exceptional organizational skills, written & verbal communication skills, be an analytical & structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management & software solution delivery.
- Be the CEO/CTO of the products you own
- Deeply understand the needs of data for Visa
- Drive requirements, strategy & end results for data collection, processing, publishing, & serving within Visa.
- Keep up with cutting edge technology especially open source projects, strive to contribute to Visa's IP portfolio
- Evaluate new product opportunities & bring forward proposals & influence to expand our product line
- Define the product roadmap, success metrics, SLA by partnering with other leaders in DP, keep it up to date & enforce
- Define products scope & prioritization & be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet deadlines
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of products & achieve high rating from customers
- Work with operation & engineering teams to ensure reliable operations & SLAs met or exceeded
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure on time high quality delivery
- Perform User Acceptance Testing & exceed requirements & user experience expectations
- Closely interact & partner with business & technology teams global
- BA/BSdegree is required. Concentration in Computer Science or arelated technical discipline.
- 3+ years of technical product management
- Team player, leave ego at the door
- Experiencedemonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation & accountability
- Strongtechnical experience in the above listed technical areas
- In-depth knowledge of the state of art industry development & open source projects in the relatedareas
- Proactive, can do attitude, self-driven, creative problem solver
- Passionfor the product you own, its impactand continuous improvements
- Strongproduct management experience
- Exceptionalcollaboration & partnership skills with the ability to work in a globalenvironment & drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstratedinterpersonal skills to interface well with clients & partners at alllevels
- Outstandingcommunications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-levelexecutives, product, & technical stakeholders
- Strongcustomer engagement & relationship management skills
- Fastlearner on both technical side & business side
- Morethan comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategicthinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawlessexecution
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the
incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone,
frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers,
reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.