Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Vox Media is looking for a Senior Attorney in our NY or DC office (title commensurate with experience). We are seeking a business-minded attorney with experience reviewing, editing, drafting & negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements including advertising (mobile & web), partnership, & technology, preferably in the media sector. In this position, you will work closely with Vox Medias Chief Legal Officer, as well as senior leadership of the revenue & product organizations to review, draft & negotiate agreements & advise on legal risks, business strategies & other issues related to the teams you support. You will also ensure that processes are continually evaluated to ensure they both work & scale.You will also manage the companys privacy program & lead ongoing compliance with domestic & international laws & regulations. Additionally, you will be the direct supervisor of more junior attorneys on the revenue transactions team.
At Vox Media, you will be part of a quickly expanding modern media company that values creativity, innovation, & the empowerment of individuals with the tools to excel. You will be working in a fast-paced, fun environment, & will take an active role assisting Vox Media to scale high-value digital journalism to reach broader audiences.
What Youll Do:
- Lead the revenue transactions team in supporting the revenue & product organizations.
- Lead complex commercial & strategic partnerships deals, drafting materials (often from scratch) & advising business partners & other company teams on legal process, best practices & both business & legal terms.
- Draft, negotiate and/or review advertising technology, vendor, marketing, conference/sponsorship, events, marketing, or other operational agreements.
- Draft, negotiate & /or review digital advertising documentation with agencies & advertisers, including custom addenda to standard I/Os and/or IAB terms.
- Guide junior team members through deals, & maintain communication with company senior management
- Proactively create, manage & educate on legal teams efforts of the creation, implementation, & improvement of company wide process & procedures.
- Maintain & update guidelines, policies, & deliver training to ensure best practices, & promote a streamlined legal review process.
What Youll Bring:
- JD & admitted to practice.
- 7+ years experience, preferably in-house with relevant experience.
- Experience working in a media/internet or entertainment company preferred.
- Strong transactional background, with deep experience in drafting, negotiating, analyzing, & closing advertising, partnership, technology, & complex strategic agreements.
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing people and/or leading teams preferred.
- High level of professionalism & outstanding business judgment.
- Practical approach to legal drafting & problem solving.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize & meet deadlines within a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail & quality of work product.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Professional, personable, approachable & courteous demeanor.
- Creative, flexible, enthusiastic & innovative team player.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.