Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective & distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions & provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, test automation engineers, designers, payment experts & infrastructure architects.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage & inspire users & we strive to rethink & redefine how users interact with our applications & products.
Open VisaNetteam is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to joinOpen VisaNetProduct Development team responsible for delivering highly functional, secure, scalable, & interactive web application user interfaces to our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will help design, develop, enhance, build our solutions meant for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support & challenge you every day. Designing solutions, writing code, unit testing code, developing test cases, automating test cases & frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA.
All in all, you are a motivated personality who is able to proactively identify ways to add value to the team, even when those may not be spelled out, you are flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution & encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help & when to collaborate with others & work across departments. You are team-oriented having strong work ethics with an innate desire to take up ownership & drive initiatives.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development & implementation
- Primarily responsible for UI design & development activities
- Build engaging, usable, & accessible UI applications/components/code libraries for web/mobile
- Analyze from Usability & Accessibility point of view & provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, & developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering & introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices & Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries & requests for support from stakeholders
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms.
- Engage with product owners to create wireframes & mockups & design interactions
- Build prototypes & POC of new technologies & functionalities
- Work with middle tier & back end developers
- Participate in providing project estimations & timelines
- Participate in code reviews
- You are expected to have hands-on experience & sufficient knowledge to guide the engineers & unblock them as needed on an on-going basis.
- Design & develop new systems as well as enhancements & fixing defects in existing software.
- Contribute towards meetings & discussions with product & architecture teams.
- Leverage newer technologies & lead efforts to architect, design & implement / test various aspects of secure payment solutions.
- Work with a team of talented engineers & ensure DEV / QA best practices are followed.
- Understand coding guidelines & participate in code review processes.
- Support QA, UAT & performance testing phases of development cycle & implement DevOps principles from development to deployment to production
- Review test strategy & test cases developed by test engineers to ensure optimum quality of solutions being delivered.\
- Instill best practices for software development, & deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards & processes
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures & best practices standards
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, & other related items
- Optimize application for performanceandscalability.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with 3 - 7 years of experience.
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts & UI components using Angular or React
- Full Stack Software Development experience in building mission critical applications
- Experience in building highly distributed, available & scalable systems
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services
- Understanding of UX & the design techniques & principles involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, & HTML Prototypes
- Exposure to Web Standards & Accessibility Best Practices
- Ability to analyze written requirements & visually conceptualize the user interface & application flows
- Responsive Design Principles
- Experience working with Restful APIs & building scalable applications using technologies like HTTP, XML, JSON, REST
- Exposure to tools like Postman / any REST Client is desired.
- Excellent analyticalandproblem solving skills
- Debugging & providing solutions for complicated issues
- Experience with Agile & DevOps techniques & practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation
- Understand coding best practices & guidelines, guide team, participate in code review processes.
- Understandingandimplementation of securityanddata protection
- Verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills & the proven ability to influence & communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability & desire to learn new skills & take on new initiatives
- Development experience on mobile would be plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.