As an Android Engineer, you will join a cross-functional team which is actively improving the HelloFresh Android app. You will help with the challenges of scaling our app on a global level as new markets are supported every year. Your help will also be essential in developing new features & improving the app's architecture & code quality.
What youll do
- Create & build an excellent mobile experience for millions of user, who interact with our apps every week, having a direct impact on acquisition, retention & engagement of our customers
- Focus on delivering a smooth & pleasant user experience for both our customers & our internal users
- Take an active ownership of our engineering & process quality, our testing strategy & the monitoring of the code
- Be part of true agile & solution oriented squads, collaborating cross functionally with Engineers, Designers, Product Owners & Data Engineers
- Contribute to the learning & advancement of our Engineering Best Practices, as part of our Mobile Chapter, while offering mentorship to other colleagues
What youll bring
- You have relevant working experience working with Android development
- You have a strong experience & knowledge with Kotlin & RESTful APIs
- You are enthusiastic about software development best practices, like Design Patterns, Clean Code, Agile Development, & Testing
- You love to stay up to date & to evaluate, learn & use the latest technologies
- You thrive in a faced paced environment with quick iterations & lots of trial & error
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse & vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build & release features & engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this & get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.