Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a results-driven marketer to join the Industry Events Field Marketing team. This role will help execute event sponsorships that drive awareness & developer adoption of Twilio products, & help spread the Twilio magic globally. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a talented event marketer to make a significant impact, partnering with our go to market, developer education, sales & product marketing teams.
This role supports Twilios efforts to build a world-class ecosystem of developers & customers who may not know how they can use Twilio today.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading event marketing activities. They also have:
- 5+ year experience in event marketing, global event experience a plus
- Experience building strong relationships & trust with sales & product teams
- Knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics, & tools including campaign/demand generation/go to market strategies
- Strong in developing processes & making things programmatic/thinking at scale
- Ability to balance multiple requirements in a fast paced/unstructured environment required
- Experience with project management & working in a cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills, strong written & oral skills with strong analytical tendencies & comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to think outside the box & bring creative ideas to the table to support marketing efforts
- Experience with enterprise sales & developer communities
- Salesforce knowledge preferred
- Developer skills or knowledge a plus
- Must be willing to travel 25%
As a Event Marketing Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the logistics & execution of Twilios Industry Events at both the regional & global level
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with Twilios go to market team to deliver events that will delight customers & educate them on Twilio
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Develop, plan & promote a variety of events like developer conferences, industry conferences, & other regional events
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross-functionally (developer network, regional sales, product/content marketing) to build turnkey programs & to develop & support the overall go-to-market plan
- BE BOLD: Experiment with creative ideas to drive awareness/funnel activity & test/measure them using metrics
- DONT SETTLE: Measure, analyze, & report on campaign activities to understand contribution in terms of Inquiries, MQLs, SQLs, & Closed Won business. Evaluate marketing effectiveness/return on investment.
The Field Marketing & Industry Events team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with the go to market & product teams to drive awareness & adoption of Twilio. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, & executing industry events that drive growth & have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands & more.You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.