Role: Maintenance Technician
Location: Richmond, CA - DC
Reports to: Associate Maintenance Manager
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Maintenance Technician works alongside with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. This position is under the direction of the Associate Maintenance Manager & will be responsible for performing duties to schedule, repair, & maintain machinery equipment, buildings, & facilities requiring a broad knowledge of maintenance skills. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for following & enforcing all safety GMP & SQF policies/procedures as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the manager. The Maintenance Technician is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
You will ...
- Maintain & repair complex machinery (conveyor system, HVAC equipment, scanners, automatic doors, dock doors, etc)
- Maintain & repair production equipment as needed
- Monitor equipment & perform troubleshooting for problems & breakdowns
- Maintain & repair facilities including basic carpentry, plumbing & electrical systems
- Provide recommendations to repair or replace poorly functioning equipment
- Efficiently prioritize repair schedule to ensure an uninterrupted production schedule
- Conduct regular facility inspections
- Assist personnel as needed. Communicate regularly with personnel to ensure that repairs & maintenance needs are met & coordinated with production schedules
- Keep management informed of areas of activity & of significant concerns. Report major concerns or significant problems
- Versed in GMP/TPM/LEAN/OSHA with strong continuous improvement mindset
- Qualified to handle electrical components, controls & HVAC
- Strong in mechanical & technical maintenance knowledge & able to operate power tools, PIT equipment, & service basic mechanical devices & functions safely & effectively
- Customer focused - both internal & external customers
- Able to lift & move 25 - 50 lbs
- Able to work in manufacturing/assembly/ warehouse environments & able to be regularly exposed to cool/cold temperatures. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts & loud noise level.
- Flexible - able to work nights, weeks, and/or holidays based on the needs of the business
At a minimum, you have...
- 5+ years of general maintenance, troubleshooting & repair experience within manufacturing/ production plant
- Experience in HVAC & Refrigeration
- High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred
- Some experience in using Microsoft office preferred
- Basic mathematics
- Competitive Hourly Wage & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Monthly birthday celebration
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.