iCapital Network is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
iCapital is looking for a senior software engineer to lead our NodeJS practice in the U.S. You will oversee the development of key parts of the iCapital platform while building out this practice area in our Greenwich, CT, & NYC offices. You will coordinate work, mentor staff, guide technology decisions, & contribute as a hands-on member of the software development team while hiring new developers to work on various projects. You will work closely with our Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, & addressing issues found via manual test efforts.
- Full stack software engineering using a mix of NodeJS & React.
- Ensure best practices (thorough code reviews, sufficient test coverage, accepted design patterns, etc.) are followed by your team(s).
- Act as key contributor on software architecture decisions & direction.
- Make yourself available to developers & business stakeholders for consultation & assistance with problem solving, as needed.
- Actively participate in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC & Change Management Process.
- Work with various iCapital business units to understand needs, resolve issues, & maintain open lines of communication.
- Keep a forward-looking eye on the technology landscape, helping to shape overall technology strategy for iCapital.
- 10+ years of Full Stack, web-based application development
- 5+ years of development experience with NodeJS
- 2+ years of development experience with React or another modern front end framework
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary technology groups
- Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
Bonus Points For
- Any experience with Python
- Any experience with Financial Services systems, specifically portfolio risk modelling.
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; & generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time & parental leave.
As we plan to re-enter our offices in 2021, iCapital will offer most employees the flexibility to work remotely one to two days a week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our New York, NY or Greenwich, CT office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.