TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful & interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen & several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journals Best Places Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 & 2020
- DataBird journals Best Places Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 & #1 2020
About the Job
TaskRabbits Booking Experience team is responsible for making it easy for our Client customers to find the right Taskers. We want our Clients to be confident & comfortable with their options, presenting them with recommendations that will ensure a quality experience. On this team youll have the opportunity to work on our booking flow, recommendations, Tasker profile & Tasker ratings & reviews, amongst other projects.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer on the Booking Experience team, you'll be a key member of our team, mentoring entry & mid-level Engineers, proposing creative solutions, de-tangling the complex into the simple, & collaborating closely with teammates & Product. Our engineering team uses Ruby on Rails on the backend, React.js on the web frontend & React Native for our mobile applications. Were looking for someone who is an expert in the backend but also comfortable & interested in working with the frontend as well.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Collaborating with Engineering, Design, & Product to conceptualize new infrastructural features & improvements for our client-facing code
- Contributing to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements & updates
- Participating in code reviews, listening to feedback & commenting on other approaches
- Investing in the documentation of best practices & coding patterns
- Helping solve debugging, testability, & deployability problems
- Collaborating across teams to promote consistency
- Improving the stability of existing & new backend & frontend code
- A strong technical mentor to Entry & Mid-level Software Engineers
- Providing technical leadership & communicating overall progress to Engineering Leadership
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Professional experience developing with Ruby on Rails, familiarity with React a plus
- Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
- Understand how to organize code across the stack: what belongs in the backend & frontend
- Familiar with automated testing & JS build & packaging systems like Webpack & Jest
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills & can scope high priority projects
- Great attention to detail & focus on code quality
- Experience with Design Systems & tooling such as Storybook
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-dos, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, & much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the worlds largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether its a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, were imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion & hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries & 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, were creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, & fast-paced. Were looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded & data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - & have a ton of fun while theyre at it.
Youll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin & London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, & kind leaders & teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present & partner with our team & communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity & go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse & sustainable community & encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship & are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team & leadership, & we strive to recruit & retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous & flexible vacation & holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning & development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, & a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical & mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.