As a Diversity Developer Evangelist, you will continue your engineering work part-time, & you will also be empowered & supported to dedicate part-time towards increasing our diversity in technical candidates. Your success will be measured by your engineering contributions & your impact on introducing candidates into our recruiting funnel from underrepresented groups in technology.
You will connect with diverse engineers & data scientists impassioned to educate them on Enigmas mission & long-term vision. You will evangelize Enigmas products online as well as in-person. We have ambitious hiring goals & in partnership with Recruiting, Marketing, & Leadership, you will help us recruit & drive the implementation of our D&I recruiting strategy to engage a wider & more diverse candidate pool. You are passionate to identify & build relationships with underrepresented groups in technology, sharing your excitement for the hard problems that Enigma is trying to solve. This position is essential to our success & goal of building a company whose diverse backgrounds, ideas, & goals are critical to helping us build a model of the real world.
Qualities we value:
- Enjoy learning & sharing your valuable feedback across our engineering & recruiting teams, so we can continue to iterate & improve
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, & takes pride in being a problem solver
- Passionate about evangelizing the Enigma mission & driven to refine community & diversity & inclusion recruiting efforts into the developer community through technical talks, informational sessions, & online prospecting
- Any level of engineering experience is welcome, but we look for engineers who are self-directed, seek out new responsibility, & strive for excellence
- Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills with the proven ability to share technical knowledge with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Strategically utilize LinkedIn, online research, events, & other networking tools to engage highly passive, sought-after candidates within underrepresented groups. Be proactive about exploring alternative sourcing channels.
- Serve as an active participant across the top developer forums (HN, Reddit, StackOverflow, Mailing lists, IRC) & interact with the community, by answering questions & assisting developers
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places, & companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects & enriches clients internal data assets to transform their strategies & workflows. Leading organizations, including PayPal, Blackrock, American Express, BB&T, Celgene & Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 & a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.