IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Title: M&A Intern - Fall 2022
Reports to: Vice President, M&A
Location: 555 W. 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
The M&A & Finance teams work closely with the Office of the Chairman to determine acquisition opportunities, & it is responsible for the execution of all transactions initiated by the company as well as high-level corporate & operational projects. The M&A Intern position represents a unique role in the group's activities, assisting in aspects of potential transactions & corporate/operational projects. The Intern will attend meetings with the M&A & Finance teams & potentially management teams of target companies, assist in researching sectors for investment at the direction of the Associate Director, Director, or Senior Director, & be an integral part of due diligence activities.
The Intern will be responsible for providing a variety of analytical support to the team. This will include, but may not be limited to:
- Performing industry research to highlight opportunities within IAC's existing business verticals or expansion into new business verticals
- Assisting in due diligence for potential transactions
- Assisting in creating presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university with preferably a focus in finance or economics
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, with advanced knowledge preferred
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills
- Self-starter capable of working independently with direction provided by supervisor
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial & driven by a new challenge