Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about driving growth through digital marketing
As the Director, Demand Generation, you will join a growing Marketing team that is focused on driving revenue growth through top of funnel marketing channels, paid media sources, & middle of funnel website optimizations. The team is highly analytical & data driven, with a wide breadth of digital advertising experience. You will lead the demand generation team & make strategic decisions that drive traffic & conversions on the website, leading to ROI-positive revenue growth.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Hire & manage a rock-star team of digital marketing & demand generation experts
- Own a multi-million dollar paid media budget & report on performance of spend
- Implement new marketing tools, best practices & processes to efficiently scale our advertising efforts to the next level
- Oversee top of funnel advertising efforts, including SEM, Display, Paid Social, & various paid media opportunities
- Drive our SEO efforts & collaborate with Content & Community teams to identify & scale our organic traffic
- Build & maintain an A|B testing process to improve conversion rates across various landing pages
- Collaborate with Website & Product teams to identify & launch testing opportunities within the signup flow
- Work cross-functionally with growth team to promote & support multi-channel campaigns & initiatives
- Utilize data to optimize campaigns towards the correct mix of pipeline & self service revenue
- Develop a revenue-focused funnel to track the customer journey from top of funnel to sign-up
- Identify & implement an attribution solution for enhanced learnings & channel optimization
- Report on all growth initiatives to wider marketing & leadership group
- Strategize with marketing leadership to find additional areas of revenue growth
- Grow & develop a team of marketing professionals dedicated to growth & success
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Business related fields of Marketing or Advertising
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing or demand generation
- Implementation experience for various best-in-class marketing tools
- Experience building & managing internal marketing teams
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth at scale
- Ability to generate reports on key performance metrics & clearly communicate the results
- Proactive communication skills & track record of setting & executing on monthly, quarterly, & annual goals
- Deep understanding of SAAS based business models, including concepts around monthly recurring revenue & pay-back periods
- Demonstrable critical thinking & analytical skills, including the ability & confidence to make strategic decisions based on data
- Bonus: Prior experience with tech startup & B2D (business to developer) marketing
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!