Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Enablement Business Partner to join our growing Enablement team. This person will be instrumental in understanding our existing products & helping identify & prioritize enablement & training gaps within our technical selling organizations. This individual will be responsible for giving our teams the tools, resources, skills, & knowledge necessary to accelerate ramp times, as well as improve overall effectiveness & efficiency to demonstrate differentiated value to our customers. They will also be on point to drive, support, & execute numerous global enablement efforts based out of corporate.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical/sales background, with knowledge in high-level curriculum development. This role requires a well-rounded individual who has excellent organizational & interpersonal skills. Excellent project management, solid facilitation skills & broad execution capabilities. This creative, self-starting candidate should have top-notch customer-facing skills & the ability to work well with & gain the respect of other Solution Engineers.
A strong ability to drive, collaborate, & manage a wide range of education & enablement initiatives is a must. This person will be capable of working in a fast-paced environment & will be passionate about enabling others. He or she will have excellent verbal & written communication skills & be able to work independently. They also have:
- 10+ years of experience in solutions engineering, enterprise sales
- An understanding of field enablement strategies.
- Effective time manager, capable of developing the strategy & delivering/executing on the tactics on multiple projects, on time & on budget. Highly responsive (e.g. 24-hour SLA) to internal customer requests
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Understanding of development environments & APIs
- Diplomacy, integrity, & presence that enables you to work effectively at all levels within the organization; experience with interfacing with engineering & business management teams is a plus.
- Hands on experience & in depth understanding of telecom and/or cloud computing products will be a significant plus
- Understanding of what motivates your internal customer
- Bachelors / Masters Degree or equivalent
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- BE AN OWNER: Proactively engage with Solutions Engineering management team to identify, prioritize, develop, & execute a quarterly sales enablement program; create & maintain a local training calendar
- EMPOWER OTHERS: When developing plans, always think about the Partner & how we can enable them to be an extension of our sales team. Coach SC Managers & Directors to be the Agents of Enablement
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify gaps in knowledge & processes & work with necessary Managers & Directors to ensure rapid deployment of training & tools needed to address.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Drive community & collaboration through the Enablement Council
- Prioritize needs around 3rd party training & events, work to secure budget, plan & deliver events
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Participate in the creation & delivery of all enablement activities including Global Sales & Services Kickoff & other enablement events like whiteboard accreditation, experiences & training.
- BE AN OWNER: Leverage assets from & partner with other Twilio learning teams to drive knowledge acquisition & skills development.
- BE BOLD: Build content & facilitate workshops & trainings as appropriate. Be maniacal about metrics & impact
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted & flexible platform. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us!
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted & flexible platform. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us!
This position can be located anywhere in the Eastern or Central United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.