Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
The BI team is responsible for integrating, synthesizing & interpreting critical business data. We provide critical support to the business by creating sophisticated reporting tools that the business can use on data-driven decisions & we deliver deep dive analysis to measure results of actions that we have taken or to answer challenging business questions. We are still a fairly new team & there are a lot of exciting projects where you can build value from scratch, including (but not limited to) discovering new KPIs to better understand the business & exposing new usage data that our business users could not access before.
About the role:
This role reports directly to the VP, Business Intelligence. You will drive insights & analytics on key company products. You will engage with Sales, Client Solutions & Product teams to uncover trends, define new KPI, gather requirements & create automated visualizations in Tableau that will answer key strategic questions & provide business visibility. You will also manage one resource owning key data cleanup & monthly reporting coordination.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Interpret & report on trends across our customers & distribution channels
- Collaborate with cross functional teams representing analytics POV for solving complex problems
- Define analytical frameworks to quantify product initiatives, optimization tests & customer behavior
- Develop & update Tableau dashboards & ad hoc visualizations for Sales, Client Solutions, Product & Executive teams
- Uncover, define & monitor key revenue drivers that help explain & anticipate revenue changes
- Monitor & ensure accuracy of revenue data ingestion into the reporting data warehouse
- 8+ years of relevant business analysis experience in Business Intelligence, Finance, Revenue Analytics roles
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to form & test hypotheses & draw relevant conclusions
- Well-organized, data driven & comfortable managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
- Proven ability to build strong cooperative working relationships with business partners/ department heads/ coworkers
- Ability to synthesize data into a clear story for both internal & external constituents
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications & solutions
- Advanced Tableau skills (or other visualization tools)
- Advanced Excel skills
- BA or BS degree
Nice to have:
- Experience with working with Salesforce
- SQL Experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.