Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
SRE tooling team with Visa's Platform-as-a-Service group is responsible for providing tools & services for internal cloud that runs on complex heterogenous infrastructure supporting PaaS offerings & developer services.Our mission is to enable Visa Product Development teams to innovate, deliver & operate innovative products running on our cloud. This team ensure that our cloud & infra automation services meet the needs of our PD teams with the desired levels of reliability, performance & availability by developing continuous improvements, tools, & automation. We're looking for people who have a passion for technology, a knack for solving difficult problems, have a curious mind, strong business ethics, & great interpersonal skills.
- Ensure cloud & infrastructure automation services meet stability, performance & availability requirements.
- Develop & maintain performant, scalable, & maintainable software solutions & tools for internal use with mission to detect problems early, resolve them in timely manner & provide visibility of issues affecting availability.
- Perform proactive troubleshooting & performance analysis of internal services & cloud environments.
- Build robust, self-healing features & automation that reduce operational effort & improve service up-time.
- Deploy & maintain production cloud environments that requires 24/7 availability.
- Interact with peer automation teams, gather requirements, & perform analysis to determine appropriate solutions for production environment.
- Actively engage in design reviews, code reviews, & operational reviews.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Extensive experience in design & development of applications on multiple platforms (Linux & Windows), using Open Source products & cloud technologies.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Strong software engineering background is required with development knowledge in multi-tier enterprise architecture.
- Strong experience with frontend & backend frameworks: Angular, Vue, Node.js, Spring Framework.
- Strong experience with developing & consuming RESTful APIs.
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines & build tools like Jenkins.
- Familiar with configuration management tools: Chef & Ansible.
- Familiar with public cloud offerings: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP.
- Experience with open source tools & modules for testing, integration & deployment
- Very good understanding of Infrastructure components: OS systems, firewalls, load balancers, networking concepts, virtualization, containers, database systems (relational & non-relational), middleware, storage.
- Evaluating forms & processes for software systems testing & methodology, developing comprehensive test & quality plans, debugging, & testing scripts & tools.
- Good written & verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic & implementation plan to team members & managers.
- Experience of having performed a migration & integration involving different infrastructure components will be a definite advantage.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.