Convene Engineering is building a technology platform to help humanize the built world, & we need an outstanding Back-End Software Engineer working with NodeJS, Express, Sequelize, Postgres & microservice architectures to join our engineering team. We are building some of the most beautiful real-world meeting & flexible workplaces to inspire & foster collaboration & engagement. Our engineering projects connect Convene customers with Convenes physical world.
Convenes engineering team strives to deliver solutions that match the high standard of our physical spaces. This role focuses on the back-end development of Convene products.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, The Senior Back-End Software Developer will work closely with the members of the Convene Product & Engineering team. A successful candidate possesses strong problem-solving & analytical skills, is comfortable recommending solutions & technological improvements, is genuine, works with the highest of integrity & relentlessly pursues success.
- Create & evolve products that impact how people work & communicate in the Convene physical spaces by engineering services, database architecture, & designing distributed systems.
- Ensure that the overall application & platform architectures are robust & easy to maintain.
- Ensure high-quality code is created & delivered into our codebase by writing & maintaining appropriate unit testing for your features, debugging software, performing code reviews & refactoring code.
- Coordinate with a phenomenal team of hardworking people that inspire you to be better every day as you work on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Share your experience & abilities to evolve the knowledge & skills of your teammates as they, in turn, share with you.
- Demonstrated growth company DNA - success on an engineering team in a high-growth, highly volatile PE or VC-backed company delivering to large, complex enterprise customers.
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, & a quality product are important.
- Five plus years of backend development using popular languages & frameworks such as NodeJS, Java, & Ruby.
- Minimum of two years of direct NodeJS development, methodologies, & configuration.
- Daily responsibility with building out a microservice architecture using NodeJS
- Excellent experience with the Express framework or similar.
- Experience with building large & complex microservice architecture with multiple partners & teams.
- Have worked in an environment utilizing CI/CD & container deployments.
- Experience conducting code reviews & mentoring team members.
- Deep understanding of Webpack & other build technologies & their more advanced features such as code splitting & tree shaking.
- Developed new microservices in NodeJS & deployed with Docker.
- You are engineering obsessed & devoted to getting it right & getting it done. You wake up every morning driven to find another creative solution to push Convenes mission to humanize the built world.
- You are in love with change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You are energized by taking an outstanding design & turning it into reality.
- You are technically curious & bring that curiosity to everything you do.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out a path to a solution, using your art & intuition to make quick & confident decisions in this high-growth context.
- You are dedicated to finding & scaling efficiencies, & you get personal satisfaction when cracking a tough problem.
- You are committed to testing your work & delivering the highest quality work product.
- You are a person who always finds ways to help others on the team to learn, develop & continually improve.
- You are a collaborator who considers & builds upon the perspectives contributed by others & guiding difficult conversations which result in clarity & achieve consensus.
- Youre an analytical thinker; someone who thrives in the use of data to drive decisions AND you know data is not the end-all & be-all.
- An excellent, clear & effective communicator in both conversation & written word, deeply empathetic toward your customer & able to explain complex technical solutions to your non-technical partners & team members.
- You will be honest & trustworthy; a respected member of the organization who leads by example, & whom people enjoy working. You inspire.
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work.
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine.
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth.
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave.
- 401k match.
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families.
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies.
- Healthy snacks.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.