BuzzFeed, the social news & entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment & video across the social web.
We're looking for a Strategic Initiatives Associate based in our New York City headquarters. Reporting to the Head of Strategic Initiatives & also working closely with our CEO, you will support cross-divisional projects, support high-priority partnerships & manage ongoing projects. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with the ability to work collaboratively & keep many balls in the air, to work at the heart of the organization on important projects & with lots of exposure to senior management. This is also a good launching pad for an individual who wants to become a Chief of Staff.
At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & infusing work with fun. We offer great compensation package & benefits, AND - a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks, drinks, special events to no work on your birthday!
- Help communicate & implement strategic business initiatives across the company
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to ensure the CEO is prepared for events, client meetings, press opportunities & keynotes.
- Partner with the CEOs executive assistant to optimize his schedule using your knowledge of current priorities internally & externally, arrange & manage access of employees to the CEO & the CEO to employees.
- Project manage cross-company programs by leading & facilitating meetings, launching workstreams & coordinating with executive partners across the company to move projects forward & meet goals.
- Develop operational plans & coordinate daily activities of high-priority partnerships including the BuzzFeed / NBCU partnership.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects in a complex organizational environment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills & experience effectively communicating at all levels, whether to the CEO or to an individual contributor
- Highest level of integrity & management of confidential information
- Experience working with the G-suite & love to make decks & spreadsheets; use of other project management tools is a plus!
- Business acumen & savviness to navigate through our organization structure
- Track record in project & business management
- Interest or experience in digital media or technology preferred
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.