Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You will join our Software Engineering team & be a subject matter expert in designing & developing software test & automation solutions across systems including Salesforce, modern cloud SaaS platforms & API led connectivity infrastructure. You will play a key role in helping design our enterprise systems architecture, define & implement a test engineering framework, configure our platforms & create documentation to support its management & maintenance.
You will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial & collaborative environment & be comfortable communicating with multiple business & technical teams.
What you will do:
- Test & certify small & large-scale software changes at every level
- Be our subject matter expert for test & automation around enterprise software, APIs, services & systems including Salesforce & other cloud SaaS platforms
- Embody our solutions-driven values by identifying & implementing testing strategies
- Design & develop test solutions & automation in a cross-functional, agile environment
- Identify, evaluate, & manage the documentation & deliverables required for each projects testing & automation
- Participate in all deployments
- Partner with product owners & developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
Who you are:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You have 7+ years in the Software Engineering field
- You have 5+ years hands-on testing experience using modern testing concepts, manual testing, test automation, & testing tools with at least 2 years in a lead Test role
- You have 4+ years working in Systems Engineering environments either in a test or developer role
- You are comfortable writing detailed test plans & manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests
- You have knowledge of Selenium Webdriver or Cypress IO or jasmine
- You are familiar with agile software development processes & is ready to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments & continuous integration systems like Circle-CI & Jenkins
- You have strong written, verbal & presentation skills that can adjust to your audience's technical familiarity
Good to have:
- You have experience with API testing
- You have Salesforce experience or certification
- You have strong project management skills
- You have experience with Devops, Circle-ci
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!