At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Lyft L5 AV-sensors team is currently seeking a Camera ISP Architect. The AV-sensors team, part of Vehicle Systems Development, architects & influences future sensor-subsystems landscape on L5 vehicle platforms through module- & subsystem-partnerships. Aside from architecture & execution, we focus on multi-modal sensor competitive landscape for autonomous vehicles. Finally, we span optical systems performance analysis, verification & validation (V&V) testing, physics simulation, & the systems tradespace for AV sensor-suite design, test, & execution. We collaborate with systems engineering, vehicle integration, autonomy & product design teams to help debug, test, & architect both present & future sensing subsystems on Lyft L5 platform vehicles on the path to product.
The Camera ISP Architect will architect & test Image Signal Processing (ISP) tuning parameters for the camera subsystem on our vehicle platforms. The architect will help drive & define module-level testing requirements for image quality across various real-world scenarios in relation to laboratory measurements. The architect will influence V&V test, & guide image quality metrics across the image signal processing (ISP) pipeline in relation to autonomy-driven requirements & metrics. Finally, this position will require the individual to work cross-functionally with perception, localization, software integration, vehicle integration as well as a range of camera module- & subsystem-partners.
- Define, characterize, evaluate, influence, test & deploy camera ISP settings for autonomous vehicles
- Maintain competitive landscape portfolio of various camera module & subsystem partner technologies
- Help to maintain camera system engineering specification as it relates to ISP
- Lead discussions with vendors in the space of camera module, image sensor, interface, ISP SoC, etc
- Define & maintain test plans & incoming/outgoing image quality control procedures
- Fundamental understanding of camera fundamentals, imaging technologies & challenges with automotive cameras
- Fundamental understanding of camera systems at component level (optics, electronics, ISP SoC)
- Strong understanding of ISP pipelines, image quality tuning, camera calibration, image quality metrics with ability to simulate parts of ISP pipelines
- Strong communication & documentation skills
- ISP pipeline, image quality, image sensor verification & validation (CMOS sensor pixel, lens quality, illumination)
- Computer vision algorithms, computational photography
- First-hand experience with camera hardware systems & experience with image capture & analysis using CMOS sensors, physics performance simulation in Matlab or python, digital imaging pipeline & algorithms, & possible implementation of cameras on autonomous vehicles.
- Some camera calibration (intrinsics & extrinsics) testing & signal processing experience
- Background in CVML is a bonus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.