About the Company...
At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics & machine learning. Retailers & companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
Our Product team is a brilliant cultivator of technology powering our world class platform & SaaS spanning everything from User & Identity, Catalog, Orders & Fulfillment, & Personalization. Being part of Boxeds Product team means youll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product managers, QA analysts, program managers, designers, & data scientists. Every day, our Product team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies, & were excited to welcome product designers who are ready for a challenge & know how to think outside the box!
About the Team...
The Product Design teams mission is to act as a force multiplier. We embody the organizations design ethos & are the champion of the user & the user experience. We believe that a well-designed product is core to the users ability to fully embrace their experience with our products, whether thats through our e-commerce platforms or our software. This position plays a critical role in championing the user experience, not just within the organization, but as a guiding light that drives decision making.
About the Role...
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to be a core part of our Product team. As a self-starter, the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced & high-growth organization, & possess strong design, managerial & technical capabilities with a natural ability to build relationships internally in order to deliver results & scale the organization. This role will have the opportunity to build out a Product Design culture & systems, & will be integral in the recruitment, training & nurturing of a team of product designers.
This role will establish partnerships with their Product & Engineering peers, rally around the user experience & seek to solve, delight, & empower those users. You will coach, mentor, support, & build diverse & inclusive teams. Product quality takes precedence & is derived by continuously improving standards & establishing processes. This role will drive the design & user experience strategy while empowering their team of designers to reach their full potential.
This position will report directly to the Chief Creative Officer.
Responsibilities & Focus:
- Define upon a vision for design & user experience (UX) within our portfolio of products for both e-commerce & SaaS applications
- Design & execute a definitive design ethos within the company, inclusive of design systems, culture, thinking, principles & ethos
- Provide design leadership using your experience with analytics, research, design methodologies, & product launches
- Work closely with the tech team, QA team & product team to ensure that new product development & your design direction blend efficiently
- Lead & motivate a team of talented product designers by providing mentorship, coaching, regular feedback, & career planning
- Establish standards & KPIs, ensure adherence, assess quality, & maximize efficiency
- Plan & monitor the day-to-day running of Product Design team to ensure smooth progress
- Manage a cross-border team of product designers.
- Minimum 8-10 years of hand-on experience in Product Design in e-commerce & SaaS applications across web, mobile, & app
- Well-versed in visual design systems, prototyping & user research
- Mastery of designs & prototyping tools (i.e. Figma, Adobe)
- Experience using data analytics, user research & user testing to create & iterate on products
- Self-starter with the ability to lead & motivate the team
- Excellent communication skills coupled with excellent attention to detail & the ability to balance great design with short deadlines
- Experience in all phases of the product design process including user research, copywriting, wire-framing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, & usability testing.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, intellectually curious & generally awesome people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
- Continuous learning & development with great access to executives & founders
- A chance to make a difference across our organization, in our culture, & in our team members lives.
About Boxed (NYSE: BOXD)...
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a newly listed publicly traded company that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Spresso is a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) division of Boxed. Our mission is to empower businesses with next-level data insights to make effective & impactful business decisions. It is the culmination of years of creating the amazing internal tools & technology that allowed Boxed to go from a garage startup to the floor of the New York Stock Exchange as a public company. An antithesis to more traditional software companies, Spresso was born out of addressing problems in all aspects of the e-commerce industry & was successful in recognizing that businesses large & small could thrive with our technology Having successfully grown a multi-million-dollar businesses on this technology, our mission now lies in empowering global businesses to achieve their fullest potential.