When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome, right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And were just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest-growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Operations Strategy is a new department within France Operations. This team is being created in the context of ever-greater automation of operations processes, of ever longer planning horizons for Deliveroo as a whole & the French business within that, & of the growing need to apply more structure & rigour to our thinking in French Ops.
Operations Strategy is responsible for low frequency, high impact project work pertaining to all elements of France Operations. This work will include longer-term projects to set the strategy for Rider Support, Applicant Support, Rider Onboarding, & Live Ops (all within Operations Services) as well as work focusing on efficiency gains, improving processes & better ways of working. The teams work is cross-functional & collaborative at its core.
Reporting into the Head of Operations Strategy, you are a major contributor to the output of the newly-formed Operations Strategy department. Your goal is to be central to the planning & execution of how France Operations works across multiple departments.
You are responsible for designing & executing improvements to our Operations Services team (consisting of Ops Services, Rider Onboarding etc) while also supporting on strategic projects with our Planning & Analytics & Content & Engagement teams.
- Contribute to an environment of progression & continuous improvement across all of France Operations
- Collaborate across the department & the wider business to produce results
- Improve our service levels across all Ops departments by continually driving performance gains
- Actively seek problems to solve & quickly ship solutions
- Contribute to the design & audit of processes executed in the Ops Services department
- Drive down costs for the business through a thorough assessment of current processes & ways of working to identify efficiencies
- Analytical & strategic - able to think big as well as execute on-the-fly via understanding the dynamics of our business
- Can build stuff - approaches, processes, tools & structured change methodologies
- Inquisitive & forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful & happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Stakeholder management - this team only succeeds if it can influence & persuade
- Workload management - able to prioritise work by considering the impact & scale of the work, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in data analysis, a strong communicator & a trusted problem solver
- Must be able to start a new role in January 2020
- Excel skills required
- Fluent in French & English
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets & reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact & grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
- Office lunches once a month & more than enough free food from Deliveroo
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.