At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology & end-to-end service for the automotive industry. We are committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the automotive wholesale industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment. They have the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity by having an impact on the companys results from day one & growing as ACV Auctions does.
Who We Are Looking For
ACV Auctions is looking for a Software Engineer to work with the team that will focus on building & delivering new product features that will change the way our customers experience & interact with ACV Auctions. We are committed to being an innovative leader in the online auction space & we are seeking strong talent who can deliver on audacious goals & product features. In this role you will get to work alongside a team of software & production engineers, creating new features related to our Supply domain. In Supply domain we are building software solutions to handle vehicles coming from Fleets & Off Lease & are creating tools to integrate with Dealer Management Systems (DMSs) as well as taking feeds from commercial inventory systems.
We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems & apply software engineering best practices.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, & maintain code for our online vehicle listing & bidding platform.
- Develop code to enhance the inventory viewing & bidding experience for our customers
- Design & deliver solutions that add transparency & trust to the virtual auction space.
- Collaborate with software & production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, & ensure high reliability & performance for your products.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation & build robust test suites for your products.
- Grow & mentor other engineers within the team & cross-functionally based on personal strengths & capabilities.
- Have the opportunity to be active in community events surrounding the tech start-up & incubator space here in downtown Buffalo.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing highly scalable back-end web applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with relational & distributed databases.
- Experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing & continuous delivery.
- Experience working on distributed computing problems.
- Knowledge of the CAP Theorem & trade-offs between different consistency models.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- An understanding of fundamental functional programming concepts.
- Experience building RPC services using either Thrift, gRPC, or equivalent
- Experience with containers & Kubernetes.
- Experience with Domain-driven Development.
What We Will Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat innovative culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedule