Asana is seeking an experienced & strongly motivated leader to manage our growing IT Systems Engineering team in San Francisco. This new role will be responsible for managing the team that supports Asanas portfolio of cloud & on-prem productivity applications. In addition to managing business oriented SaaS applications, you will also lead the team responsible for corporate end-point management, Identity, & User Lifecycle processes. This is a hands on management role & will report directly to the Global Head of IT in San Francisco.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, & would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp & detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work & fun in equal measure.
What youll achieve
- Manage a team of IT engineers, including hiring, performance management, & career development
- Grow & evolve Asanas identity management program
- Oversee all processes related to Asanas managed end-user systems.
- Design, deliver, & support processes & technologies related to: SaaS application management, client platform standards, system performance, patching, & configuration compliance.
- Scale IT services leveraging tools & automation.
- Provide oversight for critical IT tools including: gSuite, Slack, Okta, Dropbox, Slack, Asana, & Zendesk
- Oversee SSO implementations, & drive end to end automation of on-boarding & off-boarding processes
- Work with the IT Support, IT Engineering, & Security teams to identify & resolve issues in the environment
- 5+ years of managing a growing team
- 7+ years of direct experience with a mix of following
- Building & scaling identity management processes & systems
- Administration of configuration management & automation tools: JAMF, LanDesk, Airwatch, Chef, Puppet, Munki
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Powershell or equivalent tools
- Experience managing ticket-based enterprise work-flow systems, particularly Asana, ZenDesk, & similar.
- The right mix of problem solving skills & a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with SOX, ISO, & SOC 2 compliance obligations for IT
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.