Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a Staff Software Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy & operate services at scale to power Twilios AI/ML products. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge & skills. You think about how data shapes software as much as how your code does. Thinking of scale comes naturally to you. You have a keen sense of how data streams should be managed & how data should be organized. You have experience working with key-value, document & relational data stores. You have experience building & operating large distributed systems with high reliability & scalability.
Twilio is looking for a Staff Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & they also have:
- 8+ years in industry as a software engineer working on high scale, mission-critical systems
- Experience in Java or C++ in a production environment
- Implemented & operated solutions on AWS (or equivalent cloud platform)
- Comfortable with SQL & noSQL databases
- Experience with Queueing processes & technologies such as SQS, Kafka.
- Focused on E2E testing & high reliability
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of ElasticSearch experience in production, in medium to large clusters.
- Proficiency with MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Experience setting up CI/CD to automate delivery process
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Communicate effectively & distill complex thoughts & concepts to technical & non-technical audiences including but not limited to group & team leadership, product managers & engineering peers. Document technology decisions & implementations, & support epic & story refinement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for improvement across both technology & process. Use your foresight & experience to keep our systems effectively running now & in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring & much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate to support strong team results & build effective working relationships. Be an expert to mentor, teach & lead while championing engineering best practices.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Exhibit good priority & time management skills to support sprint commitments.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, open source offerings, & integration details. Champion meticulous, high quality engineering & be a role model for software development habits & practices for distributed systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio & encourage collaborative solutions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & transparency in all your communications & interactions. Use your advanced engineering, communication & organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants & needs.