Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The goal of the Career Coach (CC) is to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps & graduates are prepared & confident in their job search. A balance of supporting students to meet their obligations of becoming a qualified job seeker, developing market specific career development curriculum, delivering programs & content appropriate for the tech industry, & ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner & find roles that they are passionate about.
- Manages a robust pipeline of students & graduates through scalable & innovative programming initiatives, one-on-ones, employer engagement
- Responds to students & job seeker needs to identify challenges & mitigate areas of struggle to develop cohesive & intentional action plans
- Strives to understand & engage the local tech scene & incorporate this community & perspective as much as possible.
- Serves as an accountability & thought partner to students & local GA teammates (Instruction, Admissions, Marketing) & communicates a consistent, thoughtful, & unified message
- Delivers meaningful programs that empower job seekers to lead a successful & strategic job search
- Coach & Counselor - Ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking & that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Content Delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Lead both recurring one-on-one & classroom based programming.
- Content Creation - Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed & create new student-facing resources. Be a key thought partner in the curriculum & resource creation.
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize & coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress & highlight to teammates & stakeholders when a student isnt doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that were putting quality, qualified grads into our community.