Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living & helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes & out of landfills.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our team. In this role, you will play a vital role in the architecture of our software solutions, managing projects, contributing to product strategy/roadmap, & growing & developing our talented engineering team. You will collaborate with leaders across the company & help define our product & engineering culture.
What youll do:
- Youll manage & own your teams product initiatives & drive results
- Youll hire & invest in your team members career growth as their mentor & advocate
- Define technical vision & roadmap while advocating for strong engineering standards & practices
- Architect & model key functionality relied upon by our customers & multi-market workforce
- Create a high-trust & high-performance engineering culture
- Act as a thought leader within the organization
What you have:
- An eagerness to join a fast-paced, growing, & evolving environment.
- 6+ years of experience building software with a modern programming language
- Experience managing agile engineering teams
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience coaching & mentoring software engineers
- An eagerness to be hands-on & push code into production when time permits
- Experience designing & developing large, high-scale web applications
You don't need to have experience with all of these. Were looking for talented & smart engineers who are willing to ramp up on these technologies.
- Languages: Typescript, ReactJS, & NodeJS
- Datastores: MySQL 8 (RDS), Redis, & Elasticsearch
- Server: ElasticBeanstalk & Serverless Lambdas running on AWS
- Infrastructure: NewRelic, Docker, Git, & Circle CI
What you'll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Access to 401(k) & commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Sponsored lunches & unlimited office snacks
- Monthly in-office massages, team events, & a monthly wellness stipend
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done