Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, & Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding & seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We are looking for a talented & enthusiastic Director of Customer Experience (CX) who can easily collaborate across disciplines in a high-speed environment to turn insights & requirements into impactful conversational & user experiences, in a DTC business, that tap into how we as people are hard-wired to communicate & interact in the digital world.
This is an opportunity to use your leadership skills & CX powers to create streamlined customer experiences while helping dogs live healthier, happier, & longer lives.
How You'll Make An Impact
At the highest level, you will identify, prioritize, & implement customer experience improvement opportunities across multiple channels. Through customer decision data you will build a customer experience roadmap that addresses pain points & opportunities to ensure experiences are seamless, integrated & aligned. You will prioritize these improvements within the business, recommending innovative service solutions to ensure a crafted customer experience. You will be responsible for providing performance feedback, coaching & mentoring all levels of Customer Experience staff, from Senior Managers, function heads, Managers, Leads & Associates, & developing talent with the goal to continuously raise team performance.
In addition, you :
- Have passion for, & understanding of human-centered design processes, structured thinking, & service design principles
- Will create a vision that can be communicated to The Farmers Dog leadership teams, front-line Associates, & cross-functional leads
- Possess a proven track record to turn customer-centric strategies into executable tactics that can be embedded & scaled within a CX organization
- Will improve the experiences of both the customer & employee by designing, aligning, & optimizing a business resources, operations, & capabilities to better support customer journey
- Deliver in a key leadership role, defining how the organization uses CX as a function of growth (funneling insights & feedback into other teams) & to establish a closed loop feedback process that ensures continuous improvement in the front-line Associates experience
- Will design high impact conversational experiences for The Farmers Dog customers that will span devices, channels, & modalities
- Provide strategic guidance on design deliverables, including customer & agent personas, sample dialogues, & conversation flows
- Will coordinate with Data Science & Insights teams to perform impactful research efforts across design phases, & translate insights into actionable recommendations & design
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 10+ years of experience optimizing customer service, sales & employee engagement programs & organizations
- Expert at building relationships with colleagues, customers & vendors alike
- Strong public speaking skills with an ability to tailor messaging based upon audience
- Adept at inspiring staff & managing creative risk taking
- Deep experience in Conversation Design, User Experience Design, or Content Strategy
- Well-honed conflict resolution & negotiation skills, with a proven ability to align key stakeholders in a growth environment
- Experience developing innovative continuous programs using adult learning principles & innovation, e.g., augmented reality, digital enabled coaching tools, call calibration workshops, etc.
- You have agency and/or client-side experience leading building customer journeys viewed through a customer experience lens across omni-channels
- You have a passion & love for dogs & dog people
- A true builder who loves to identify talent & assemble agile, nimble teams that deliver on the needs of the business.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug