Away is looking for an Executive Associate to our VP, International. The ideal candidate will manage his schedule & travel, provide administrative support, & execute special projects. You will maximize productivity for the VP, International & senior leaders in Europe, Australia, & Asia, enabling them to drive the most value for the business. In addition to being highly organized, youll thrive in this role if youre an incredible communicator.
This role is based out of our headquarters in Soho, New York City.
What Youll Do:
- Anticipate the needs of the VP, International before, during, & after each workday, given the global nature of the International business
- Schedule, monitor, & prioritize day-to-day incoming communication & requests for the VPs time
- Ensure the VP is kept on schedule & on time for meetings, calls, & interviews on a day-to-day basis
- Manage the VPs calendar to ensure a productive & positive workflow to the day's activities, with a focus on seamless coordination with employees & partners based in London, Hong Kong, or Sydney
- Book flight, hotel, & dining reservations & complete necessary travel-related paperwork in support of the VP & other team members travel plans
- Resolve expenses on a monthly basis
- Facilitate planning for offsites & external meetings, in conjunction with the Director of International Strategy & Operations
- Work on ad hoc special projects as needs arise
- Stay up-to-date on company & department priorities & keep your finger on the pulse of the organizations needs
- Exhibit excellent, professional written & verbal communication skills to interact with co-founders & other executives support teams, company leadership & employees at all levels as well as external partners, including ones located abroad
You Should Have:
- Have at least 1-2 years of full-time experience as an Executive Associate or in a similar role providing administrative support to a senior executive
- Heavy calendar & meeting planning experience required
- Demonstrate ability to juggle & prioritize multiple tasks & projects simultaneously & successfully
- Emotionally intelligent & excited by supporting others
- Excellent Mac skills & superior proficiency in Google Calendar
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Possesses strong project management skills; one who thinks ahead & anticipates needsyoure never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & energetic environment
- Business fluency in Mandarin Chinese preferred
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!