Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest & fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies & maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, & today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, & close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven & collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, were as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, & the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, & London, & allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable & inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining & promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission & providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds & all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer at Demandbase who delivers reliable & secure tools & automation which enable development agility while ensuring security is maintained. You should be a seasoned engineer who is experienced at developing code & automation tools, familiar with new & upcoming cloud technology, have worked on securing & administering AWS or other public cloud environments, & are security-conscious. You will focus on security automation & build solutions in partnership with our product organization to enforce security from the ground up. The benefits of your work will have an immediate impact on development productivity.
Information security plays a vital & ever-expanding role within the Demandbase ecosystem. Our information technology environment is highly distributed & diverse, with strong leadership & coordination from the CTO. As we push the boundaries of cutting-edge technology, data analytics, & complex infrastructure, we are looking for a forward-thinking security engineer to uphold security as a core tenant of the Demandbase mission.
What youll be doing:
- On-demand secure access to critical infrastructure: Implement tooling which enables on-demand, & self-serve access to critical AWS resources for pre-approved use cases.
- Detect & fix misconfigured AWS resources: Develop tooling to scan & alert on any misconfigured AWS resources.
- Secure-by-default access to AWS resources: Deliver tooling which enforces secure access of AWS resources & eliminates the need for using shared keys.
What were looking for:
- Engineering background at a growth-stage/start-up/mid-market SaaS company. You are coder, & should be comfortable reviewing & discussing architecture & code with software & infrastructure engineers.
- Proficient in shell scripting, one interpreted language (ideally python), & one compiled language. This means that you will pass a coding interview around basic data structures & commonly used algorithms.
- You should be comfortable using Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- Significant hands-on experience (2+ years) building & securing production-grade cloud infrastructure in either Amazon (preference) or another public cloud.
- Proficient in building automation tools & services which simplify & improve the adoption of security-by-design & security-by-default concepts.
- Strong technical communication skills & the ability to translate security risks into clear & practical technical requirements.
- Mastery of kubernetes hardening, administration, & configuration.
- Knowledge & proficiency in web application security & OWASP Top 10.
- Experience with a service mesh & the Open Policy Agent is a plus.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental & Vision for you & your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy & 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga & much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) & an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, & close the accounts that matter. The biggest & fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, & others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy & maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies, the Deloitte Fast 500, & named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.