ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney to work on the Brand, Advertising & Media Legal Team to facilitate key business & marketing functions, including our ad tech, marketing analytics & consumer insights work. The person in this role will be responsible for advising internal clients & managing outside counsel on marketing & advertising commercial transactions, as well as contracts & projects related to brand, advertising, data protection, privacy & minimization, & intellectual property development & protection. This position requires a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business, including its partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Draft, review & negotiate service agreements, SaaS agreements, technology licenses, enterprise software agreements, data processing agreements & engagements for stakeholders in the marketing organization, with assistance of outside counsel where appropriate.
- Act as primary legal support for certain functions within the Peloton Marketing organization, including advising on marketing & media-related matters, such as advertising campaigns, social media reviews, asset & lockup reviews, & consumer and business insights.
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue spot sensitive legal & business concerns, including a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) such matters to internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal clients from assigned business units to support their objectives & advise on legal risks & opportunities related to their strategy.
- Advise on workflow process improvement, playbook development, client training, and updating templates to address the evolving needs of a growing organization.
- Experience drafting & negotiating software licensing, SaaS & other technology service agreements, including data processing agreements & service level agreements, & general commercial agreements
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action & confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal & business implications
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Fastidious organization & focus in prioritizing & managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including Creative, Marketing, Product and Engineering Teams
- Knowledge about the consumer tech & marketing world, FTC guidelines & privacy rules & regulations, including GDPR & CCPA.
- Knowledge of ad tech, marketing tech & media buying is a plus Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 6+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on commercial transactions, advertising & ancillary matters (in-house experience is a plus)
- A member in good standing of the NY or CA State Bar
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.