We are looking for a passionate API Engineering Manager who is enthusiastic about & has experience in leading a team of engineers building scalable, secure APIs that integrate with internal & external partners. At Peloton, you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the fitness industry. You will be working in a high velocity software engineering environment, building out a new team within our Digital products, to provide fitness content to all Peloton consumers. You will be responsible for building out a new team, leading large scale projects, working with cross functional teams & external vendors/partners to define & deliver on an aggressive Digital roadmap. Ultimately, you will be leading a team that will not only enhance the Peloton Digital experience, but also bring it to millions of more members.
Power the Peloton Experience
As a member of Pelotons Product Engineering API team youll be building out technology solutions that enable a world class user experience across the Peloton platform for a global audience. We enable our members to take live & on-demand classes across any number of fitness disciples, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, & much more. You will be leading & building out a team of talented engineers in ensuring our members get the best possible experience.
Design & Development
- Assume technical leadership for APIs that integrate internally with our digital products (web, iOS, Android Mobile, TVs & more) & external partners systems, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, & work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify & lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, & performant systems.
- Contribute to the design of software architecture & development of new features & functionalities in the stack.
- Support-what-you-build, including monitoring, performance tuning, & responding to incidents.
- Staff & lead a team of engineers responsible for our Digital products & roadmap
- Lead, coach, & mentor API developers.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, & engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns & industry best practices.
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use & engineering efficiency.
Drive large-scale projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to define & deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives.
- Collaborate closely with external partners to understand their APIs, requirements for integration & lead fast paced projects & stay on top of API & platform updates of external partner products.
- Handle planning & breaking down large projects into milestones & identifying risks & dependencies.
- 8+ years of software development experience, with experience building complex backend systems
- 3+ years of leadership experience in team leadership & technology management
- Passion for building a scalable backend architecture that supports a rapid growing user base
- Well proven understanding of system design, API design & database design
- Ability to evaluate & communicate different engineering solutions & trade-offs
- Experience working with Agile methodology & delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify strengths & weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams & within teams in order to drive alignment & increase effectiveness on delivery
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with transitioning from a monolith to a SOA
- Experience with Python & Kotlin development
- Roll up your sleeves & take on development work
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.