Do you have the personality to be a kickass Trivia host/M.C.?? Can you command a room & facilitate an AWESOME event like trivia?
- Events are similar to facilitating bar trivia with a food competition spin! You must be able to run an activity like trivia & command the energy of the room!
- Events are typically 90min client facing with 1 hour and 1 breakdown for an average of ~3.5 hour. Lead facilitators will have have a pre-event phone call with clients & supply prep prior to the event estimated at 1.5 hours.
- Events run weekdays (M-F) ranging between 11am-8pm.
- Location: Mostly downtown Boston. Events can be at client offices, within museums, or in rented event space.
- Initial paid training in event specific facilitation. Estimated at 1/2 day training + skills check where you demo event for our HQ staff.
- Events paid at flat rate depending on your role. We have lead facilitators & co-hosts. Lead facilitators are paid $200 per event ($40/hour); Co-host are paid $50-100 per event DOE.
PERSONALITY to own & successfully run events. You may running events solo or with a team.
MUST attend training & successfully pass skills demo where you demo the event for our HQ staff. Once you pass the demo, you're approved to run events either solo or paired with another facilitator(s).
Must have flexible daytime availability. We book private & corporate tours during the week M-F 11-8pm
Must be able to stand for ~3 hours, carry & manage supplies, & have a reliable smartphone with photo-taking abilities
Must be able to commute to the San Fran Bay area
This is a great position if you thrive with gig-type work
- Background in one or more of the following: Theater, Improv, Comedy, Teaching, Making passionate speeches about nerdy subjects to your friends, Being Awesome, or customer-facing experience.
- Outgoing personality to OWN the success of the event, be a "people person" with excellent communication skills, and
- Ability to think on your feet & creatively problem-solve issues in front of guests without making it look hard or daunting.
- Attention to detail :-)
- Age 21+
If selected to proceed in the hiring process, youll be hired as an Independent Contractor.
ABOUT US AT MUSEUM HACK
Museum Hack uses the world class collection at incredible museums around the world as our playground to create "un-highlights tours" that focus on hidden works, oddities, & saucy stories. Museum Hack guides combine these stories with antics & quirky activities that get you to think about the museum experience in new ways. We also consult for Fortune 500s & top museums worldwide.
We lead with passion & charisma. The joke is, "We do museum tours for people who don't like museums."
In addition to museum experiences, we also host a variety of "team building events for people who don't like team building."
Pro-Tip reward for reading to the bottom: write a cover letter that lets us see your personality! Also you must send a video to be considered (see instructions in application). If you do not send one & instead write something like "trust me, I'm good", we will auto-reject you instantly.