Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But were so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. Were committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in e-commerce & publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, & onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, & Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand making it a reality.
As an engineer at Sailthru, you will be part of a company that has been developer-focused since Day 1. You can expect to work on challenging technical projects that will cause you to level up, & collaborate across Product & Design to deliver an experience that delights our users. We have fun, too. There are bi-annual hackdays, regular company outings & extraordinary opportunities to mentor & get mentored.
Sailthru is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our email product engineering team in our NY office. Youll be working on a high traffic enterprise web application that is used 24/7 by customers all over the world.
What Youll Do
- Build & support features for Sailthrus email products, including workflows for WYSIWYG email design, HTML editing, content personalization, & campaign orchestration
- Work across frontend & backend tech stacks on an Agile, product-aligned team. Our tech stack includes: React/Redux, PHP & Java microservices, AWS Lambdas & various services in Kubernetes
- Work hands-on pairing & guiding the team, designing scalable architecture, performing code reviews, & building on our DevOps culture & Kubernetes best practices
- Contribute an informed engineering perspective to product & UX-focused team discussions
- 5+ years in building & maintaining microservices in Java, PHP or Node
- Strong interest in building & owning products from end-to-end
- Strong knowledge of making your systems scalable, observable, & fault tolerant
- Experience with multiple types of databases, including relational, timeseries, & document-based
- Experience in a DevOps engineering culture, leveraging AWS products to build software solutions