Shutterstock is looking for a person with demonstrated leadership abilities & a strong engineering background to join as Software Development Manager (SDM) for the Checkout team. Our Checkout team builds backend services that keep our business running by facilitating our order creation, payment & fulfillment workflows. You will be leading a team of established engineers in designing solutions for challenging problems, & finding ways to optimize our existing applications. As the team lead, you will also be building team culture & mentoring engineers on your team along their career journey.
- Lead a first-class Engineering team that will scale as the company & business grows, identifying & filling any organizational gaps
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a working environment that fosters creativity & open communication while delivering results
- Collaborate with the Product Manager in defining the requirements for internal stakeholders
- Perform personnel management including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring & planning career growth
- Train new developers on our standards, culture & policies
- Attend all developer meetings & take responsibility for resolving problems
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Work with project management to remove impediments & provide visibility to stakeholders
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes & increase efficiency
- Work with Principal Engineers to help refine & constantly improve our codebases
- Collaborate with senior Engineering leadership in setting roadmap & priorities, ensuring those deliverables are met, & highlighting risks
- Proven track record of delivering results via clear requirements, balancing multiple priorities & managing teams through successful project completion
- Effective mentor & coach who understands how to integrate into a team of talented developers
- Significant experience programming in at least one OO language
- Extensive experience building RESTful APIs using server-side languages such as Node.js, Ruby, Go, Java or Scala
- Familiarity with at least one RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience as a people manager
- Experience leading application development within distributed/high trafficked systems
- Experience with & enthusiasm for agile principles & values
- Strong analytical, communication & interpersonal skills
- Able to clearly communicate to technical & non-technical audiences
- Passionate about what they do & the things they build
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Experience with Open Source Software
- ESNext compilation tooling (Babel, Typescript, etc.)
- SEO architecture expertise
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V