EVS Team Member
Reporting To: Facilities Manager
Pay Range: $13.00
USA - Aurora
Green Chef is the leading & first certified organic meal kit company in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September of 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018, HelloFresh saw something special in Green Chef & brought it into the Hello Fresh family. Green Chef is now part of one of the fastest growing startups in the US, & part of the worlds largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering healthy, organic meals, designed for busy people. At Green Chef, we believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to plating. We strive to create greater interaction & meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, & the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans including Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Omnivore, & Carnivore.
As an EVS Team member you are responsible for the overall upkeep, cleanliness, & maintenance of the distribution center outside of production. You will provide support to the maintenance, housekeeping, & recycling teams.
Essential Functions - Housekeeping
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for completing daily housekeeping rounds (floor sweeping, vacuuming, emptying trash, dusting, & various other assignments at the discretion of supervisor).
- Support the facilities department by cleaning & preparing for next shift work
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production to collaborate & solve problems
- Respectfully support & follow direction from supervisor or management & complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for following standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Maintains the work area in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Reports all food safety sanitation issues to an immediate supervisor
- Ability to communicate effectively & professionally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Time Management & ability to prioritize effectively.
- Understand the role of Housekeeping associate within the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly exposed to cool and/or cold environment (10 - 40). In this position you are frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. This position requires you to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. This position requires you to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
You will regularly lift & move up to 35 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days & hours of work are varied according to shift. One weekend day required.
Required Education & Experience
High school diploma/GED & minimum 6 months of related experience
Voluntary Life & AD&D
Short Term Disability
Daily meal & snacks
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef & HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Are you up for a challenge?