LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, & experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip & rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country & build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local & want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates & drive creativity & innovation.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access & simplified a way for real estate investorsboth novice & experiencedto get financing, generate wealth, & build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $5 billion dollars worth of loans across 23,000+ projects becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology & the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $215MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, & has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
An Underwriter has superior credit training & excellent organizational skills. Underwriters are responsible for managing the loans through final credit approval including working with processors & valuation analysts. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of residential lending programs & practices with the proven ability to partner with sales & processing to move loans quickly & efficiently through the pipeline. The individual will be expected to provide superior client service to achieve financial objectives. The successful candidate must also be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial, organized & passionate about growing a business in a team environment.
- Underwrite Bridge mortgage loans in compliance with company credit guidelines & regulatory requirements
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation & generate condition lists for the applicants
- Collaborate with the loan processor & salesperson to complete the credit analysis in a timely manner
- Ensure that the correct data is entered into the loan origination system
- Responsible for reviewing & owning all loan file details prior to submission to closing manager including work done by all upstream partners
- Work with loan processors & closers to ensure a smooth hand-off of the files occurs
- Manage constant deal flow & prioritize to ensure loans close on time with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment
- Identify & report any suspected fraudulent activity occurring with any stakeholder & escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary
- Keep abreast of all company policies & procedures as well as federal & state regulatory changes by participating in in-house training events
- Education: Bachelors Degree or relative experience
- Experience: 3+ years residential mortgage lending experience with good knowledge of lending regulations & credit/collateral analysis practices; underwriting or processing fix & flip hard money loans a plus
- Skills/Ability: Strong written & verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast-paced & constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems & paperless environment, demonstrated the ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service
LendingHome in the News
Benefits & Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, & move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches & Bagel Wednesdaysand don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks & drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, & passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent & welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions & a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, & vision plans ensure that your mind & body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer