Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Were looking for an enthusiastic, structured & forward-thinking person to help us engage with our key customers around the world. Many of our biggest markets are servicing customers from Sub Saharan Africa, South East Asia & Latin America. One of the most important ways to stay connected to these communities is through events & institutions that support these communities. These can range from social events, civic & religious institutions to large summer festivals.
You will be in charge of planning & delivering our event sponsorships strategy in Europe.
- Strategy & planning: Defining the list of events we will sponsor during the year, selecting the most relevant & effective events.
- Budget management: Managing the events budget with rigor, ensuring we can support our ideas with the right finances. Maximising our return on investment on events sponsorships.
- Agency management & networking: Building & maintaining relationships with key community representatives, event organisers & agencies.
- Event sponsorship amplification: Working with suppliers, partners & internal stakeholders (Online, CRM) to leverage our sponsorships pre, during & post events. This includes pre-event amplification, on-site visibility, event activation, & post-event communication.
- Field based events & engagement. Attending events & ensuring our sponsorships are delivered as planned.
- Measurement: tracking, measuring & reporting the effectiveness of our sponsorships (brand awareness, preference & activations).
Summary of required experience & attributes
- A minimum of 2 years experience within event management or sponsorship
- Fluent in English
- Structured project manager able to manage several projects that might be running at different speeds & meet deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical & reporting skills
- Optimistic, can-do attitude
- Another language would be a plus
- Budget management experience
- International experience
- Affinity or emotional connections to migrant communities especially from Sub Saharan Africa and/or SE Asia is a significant advantage
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.