This is an initial 3-month temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
The Senior Coordinator, Content Operations is responsible for assisting the Topic Operations team with preparing, entering, maintaining, & leveraging the streaming services qualitative data, spearheading quality control efforts across all platforms, & helping acquire competitive & marketplace intelligence.
The role requires an ability to develop recommendations that help inform the business & identify opportunities for growth. An ideal candidate would balance an impeccable attention to detail & data integrity across large data setsand exceptional communication skillswhile maintaining a focus on the strategic relevance of the recommendations being made.
This position will report to the Director, Content Operations.
- Inputting & verifying complete & accurate metadata for existing & upcoming streaming service titles across all platforms
- Assist in verifying accurate image & video assets
- Lead QC operations on new releases & existing catalog
- Create & track tickets for issues, working with both internal & external stakeholders on timely resolutions
- Help identify areas for QC workflow improvements
- Support the further development of metadata across platforms including, but not limited to:
- Information on awards & nominations
- Critical reviews
- Creating/Updating IMDB pages
- Metadata related to new feature requests
- Respond to various ad hoc requests from the Video team
- Bachelors or Associate degree
- Minimum of 3 years in a relevant role preferably in entertainment (TV/film/digital)
- Knowledge of & interest in the streaming industry, strongly preferred
- Must have experience aggregating & manipulating large data sets efficiently & accurately
- Exceptionally detail & deadline-oriented
- Proven experience independently owning areas of the workflow & project management
- Highly organized & can adapt to changing priorities at a moments notice, while maintaining accuracy & precision
- Ability to anticipate obstacles & to prioritize tasks across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to thrive within a face-paced start-up setting
- Self-sufficient with excellent organization skills; able to be proactive
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Fast learner with the ability to make corrections, learn from mistakes, & provide creative solutions for problems that may arise
- Knowledge of Monday.com or similar database programs (AirTable/Smartsheets/etc) a plus
- Excellent judgment, decision making, & problem-solving skills.
Topic features North American premieres & programming from around the world, complemented by a diverse slate of Originals including documentaries, scripted comedies & dramas, discussion shows, & more. With exclusive TV series & films that take you to more than 40 countries, Topic showcases an unparalleled diversity of creators, perspectives, & experiences. We prioritize bold storytelling, champion underrepresented voices, & believe that entertainment should expand your view of the world.
Topics Original productions include the Sundance 2021 docuseries Philly D.A., Call Center Blues(directed by Geeta Gandbhir), The Letter Room (directed by Elvira Lind & starring Oscar Isaac), Chris Gethards Beautiful/Anonymous, & Release (created/directed by Joe Penna & Ryan Morrison).
Topic is available to US & Canadian audiences on topic.com, AppleTV & iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android, & Amazon Prime Video Channels, with more coming soon.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, FLM was founded on the fundamental belief that freedom of expression & of the press, & the power of storytelling, are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.