Chiefs mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting & supporting female leaders. With members who are at the C-Level or are rising VPs, Chief is the only organization designed for women seated at the table. Read about us in Fortune, Fast Company, & CNN. Launched in early 2019, Chief is headquartered in New York City & backed by Primary Ventures, Flybridge Capital, & other top-tier investors.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking a seasoned software engineer to continue to build out Salesforce as our system of record for member & guide data. This Salesforce-based platform is the foundation that supports the end-to-end member journey, from the time members apply through being accepted through on-boarding & payments. Designing, developing, & architecting continual improvements to the Salesforce platform is the key to Chiefs success.
- Develop & architect solutions in Salesforce so that we can streamline internal processes & capture member data.
- Work directly with end-users to support reporting & administrative needs.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of our Salesforce system architecture & development best practices, to scale an instance supporting global users across multiple business units.
- Maintain & evolve existing Salesforce codebase.
- Write maintainable code in a professional software engineering environment.
- Design & develop APIs & Services needed for platform development.
- Own complete features, collaborating with both the product team & peers to define technical directions & designs, identifying & making practical trade-offs.
- Participate with scrum team to plan & commit at the sprint & release level.
- Ensure on-time & high-quality delivery of the project.
- Contribute to infrastructure & process improvement within development organization. Institute & adopt best engineering practices.
What Were Looking For:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Salesforce configuration & customization (e.g., APEX, Visualforce, Lightning, etc.).
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Salesforce data loading tools, web services, middleware (e.g., Dell Boomi, Informatica, etc.).
- 5+ years of software development experience developing APIs & Services.
- Excellent communicator & collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical & non-technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-driven, & make practical trade-offs when necessary.
- Experience in design & development of data models & data integrity checks.
- Experience with scaling/performance tuning of highly available systems & services.
You Get Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud.
Why Youll Want to Work with Chief:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, & vision packages
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create & attend inspiring experiences & events with leaders of the industry
- Headquartered in beautiful Tribeca loft