Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
The Sales & Use Tax Manager will serve a key role in a world-class finance team in a rapid growth environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners on a daily basis.
- Prepare all domestic monthly, quarterly & annual sales & use taxes, gross receipts & other non-income tax returns in multiple jurisdictions. Prepared returns.
- Assist in Vertex implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining & updating the Vertex sales tax engine.
- Maintain tax exempt/resale certificates in Vertex.
- Partner with business functions such as AP, Supply Chain Management, Order Management, R&D, Marketing & other departments to address use tax on purchases.
- Prepare Spain VAT/Singapore GST/Japan Consumption Tax returns & monthly GL account reconciliation.
- Prepare month end account reconciliation of various tax related GL accounts.
- Assist with state & local tax audit, tax inquiries & tax notices.
- Develop, maintain or continually improve data collection process for preparation of tax returns.
- Research, analyze statutory & regulatory law changes in US indirect tax & prepare technical memos as assigned.
- Prepare foreign subsidiaries tax provisions, deferred taxes & related footnotes
- Assist in U.S. International compliance.
- Other duties & special projects as assigned.
- 5-6 years of indirect tax experience with a fast-growing company or public accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or Finance.
- Working knowledge of indirect tax engine.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities, upbeat demeanor & ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Strong critical thinking & problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify & resolve complex issues.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, & ability to be agile & adaptable.
- Ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment & manage multiple projects & resources effectively, while meeting deadlines & delivering quality work.
- Proven ability to work both independently & in a matrixed team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, team player & project manager.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
#preventivemedicine #team#cancer#clinicaltrial#cancertreatment#hematology#cancertherapy#NGS #GuardantHealth#PatientFirst#LiquidBiopsy#LUNAR#Eclipse#RealWorldEvidence#CDx #CompanionDiagnostics#biojobs#biotechjobs#biotechcareers#biocareers#pharmajobs#oncologyjobs #biotechbay