Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Analytics Manager to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Insurance Operations team is entrusted with several departments that all come together to enhance the experience of our Members & Providers across the states & markets in which we operate. We are scaling our operations & we are looking for someone to help guide that effort. When you come in, you will lead a core analytics function in building outstanding lean processes, scalable tooling, & using an advanced technology stack to create automation, speed, & quality in a growing operation. You will lead a team to ensure they have the necessary support, & are empowered to move the needle for our members & provider partners.
Collaboration is the key to our growth & you will work with all of the important partner functions at Oscar including the Risk, Network, Clinical, Concierge, Population Health, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, & Compliance teams. You have remarkable experience leading a tech-driven service organization & experience improving operational metrics through the use of automation & process improvement techniques.
You will report into the Director of Insurance Operations
- Develop a deep understanding of the underlying technology that powers our operation & current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps within that space
- Participate in OKR / KPI planning - Help shape technical quarterly growth goals
- Embody Oscars vision of customer-orientation & lean production through the use of an advanced tech stack
- Engage & lead the current members of the team to improve upon & implement measurable, repeatable, scalable, & predictable processes
- Build relationships with company partners (youll work with different teams & Oscar leadership)
- Drive continuous improvement through the use of technology & monitoring to help the organization to grow.
- A Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of related work experience in a leadership role supporting data & analytics
- Proficiency in database architecture & languages - SQL, Python, or similar
- Advance background knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
- Systematic thinking expressed by prior work or experience (lean operations, consulting, project management).
- Experience directing & coaching direct reports
- Experience driving & using advanced technology to improve operations
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.