Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empower senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, & strategic modeling, the Financial Planning & Analysis team delivers timely results & encourages open discussion & creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, & the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop & maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, & meet rapid deadlines.
- Building financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the companys cost base & revenue projections
- Presenting, analyzing, & interpreting relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Working on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Owning budgeting process including annual review & analysis, assigning department specific budgets, & tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partnering with key business areas to perform strategic analysis & modeling to help inform department specific spending & decisions
- Analyzing competitor performance & market trends
- Writing commentary that adds value & draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establishing & reporting key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement & liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing & delivering daily, weekly & monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 1-2 years of finance & strategic analysis experience in banking or an operational role
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Proficient in financial analysis & model building
- Experience utilizing various valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow, P/E, EV/EBITDA, & SOTP analysis
- Investment banking, M&A, or corporate finance experience preferred
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.