TechnicalServicesat Index is different - we dont have customers in the traditional sense of the word: we support a small group of highly technical users including internal Index teams (Analysts, Client Services, Engineering) & representatives from our Publishers, who depend on our products to see transparent data about their campaigns. We are looking for a TechnicalServices Engineer to join the team & operate as a single point of contact for end users needing assistance whether it's building a new feature, fixing a bug or creating a custom report for our clients. The ideal candidate for this role must have a solid technical background in addition to exceptional prioritization, time management & communication skills. You must also have afirm comprehension of how software is developed, how integrations work & exposure to a software intensive environment.
Heres what we want:
- Technical: The goal when a ticket is sent is to resolve the issue rather than push the ticket to another team. You will build scripts, make changes in the database, & add new functions to the system where possible. You will also build automation tools, API routes & work on our web app
- Dynamic: Technical Servicesis one of our most vibrant departments & you need to not only bring the skills to do the job, but the right mix of passion & personality to complement this team. Someone who takes initiative will thrive in this role as we want new ideas mixed with a lot of energy to make things happen
- Organized: You will report all issues via tracking system (JIRA), determine appropriate priority, triage & escalate all high priority issues to manager
Heres what youll be doing:
- Use clear & concise communications skills to solicit critical information & share important updates
- Work quickly to resolve all ticketed issues that are submitted. This takes a high degree of problem solving, technical skills & logic
- Collaborate with the Technical Servicesteam & all the other departments across IX. Comfortable working cross-functionally is absolutely essential in this role
Why youll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in North York Toronto
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate & collaborate
- We offer free snacks & drinks as well as catered lunches every day
- We don't have a dress code & work flex hours
- Regular celebrations (BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands) & milestone outings
- We offer an amazing benefits package, 5% RRSP matching, & a $5 monthly Goodlife memberships
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).