Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
As a key member of our team, you will help design, build, & scale our robust data pipelines, data warehouse, & machine learning infrastructure. You should be motivated to learn new technologies & be ready to drive technical work. We use sustainable engineering practices: we work together using pair programming & test-driven development as much as possible, & value mindful collaboration & shipping. Our more experienced engineers are characterized by in-depth technical experience & proven progression in leadership responsibility. You will be expected to partner effectively with our Engineering, Product & Data teams.
How you can make an impact:
- Youll evaluate, benchmark, & improve the scalability, robustness, & performance of our data platform & applications
- You'll make significant contributions to the architecture & design of our data processing platform
- Youll implement scalable, fault tolerant, & accurate ETLs frameworks.
- Youll gather & process raw data at scale from diverse sources
- Youll collaborate with product management, data scientists, analysts, & other engineers on technical vision, design, & planning
- Youll implement & maintain a high level of data quality monitoring in our analytics & ML ecosystem
- Youll train & collaborate with teammates effectively in data engineering best practices
- You will be responsible for leading, documenting, & collaborating across teams for technical projects.
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer & 3+ years of experience as a data engineer
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Software engineering mindset & an ability to write elegant, maintainable code while following engineering best practices
- Experience implementing data pipelines & improving the performance of ETL processes & SQL queries
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS.
- Expertise in Python, Java, Scala, Ruby, or Go.
- Experience in data modeling for OLTP & OLAP applications
- Understanding of basic principles of data governance
- Familiarity with workflow management tools (Airflow preferred)
- Familiarity with cloud-based data warehouses (Amazon Redshift preferred)
- Experience building internal frameworks or development productivity tools would be a big plus.
- Shown ability to understand automated testing concepts & ability to consistently apply those concepts
- Exceptional Problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience with streaming technologies & concepts used with data warehouses. Familiarity with distributed data processing or with building streaming based data pipelines (Kafka preferred)
- Experience in taking machine learning models from development to production
- Proficiency with relational databases & SQL queries (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of database schema design
- Experience working with sensitive data i.e. PHI / PII & security best practices
- Familiarity with microservices development.
- Application development experience
- Experience building data infrastructure, frameworks & automation is a big plus.
- Experience with containerization & orchestration (Docker, Nomad)
Technologies we use:
Redshift, Postgres, Python, Ruby, Airflow, Jenkins, Git, Docker, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Kafka, Linux, SQL & Tableau
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, & health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, & depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, & curriculums tailored to an individuals specific conditions & circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omadas partners include major employers across the country, including Costco & Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna & Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.