theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Operations Team is a group of fast-moving & analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less & we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something. Everybody executes, & we are always in growth mode.
The Chief of Staff is responsible for providing recurring strategic support for the co-founders/co-CEOs as well as project management & execution of a variety of special projects. This role works closely with the executive team, senior leadership, PR, marketing, finance, & people team, as well as with the founders' support team. The Chief of Staff is responsible for supporting & translating the priorities of the co-CEOs & therefore your priorities are dependent on the priorities of the co-CEOS & of the team supporting them. Your job is to use your institutional knowledge of the brand & industry to fill holes & provide support where needed to buoy the executive leadership team & founder initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Drafting external & internal founder communications, including board decks, team presentations, blog posts, network e-blasts, press responses, etc.
- Handling founder personal speaking engagements from start to finish, as well as elevating the narrative & perception of the Co-CEOs & their brand externally
- Vetting new business & partnership opportunities on behalf of the founders before passing to relevant team members
- Managing the founders' network of contacts & connections.
- Facilitating founder approvals & best practices for founder review of broader team objectives & initiatives
- Managing a rotating roster of special projects, including: fundraise processes, event planning, theSkimm's first book deal, & business alignment meetings, strategic expansion, etc
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances.
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered breakfast on Fridays during our HQ Sipn Skimm & twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hours - all times to catch up as a group & wind down from the week
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.