As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Strategist is seeking a Senior Editor. The website, a companion to the magazines award-winning print section of the same name, offers readers rigorously-vetted articles to help navigate the vast online shopping landscape.
What you'll do:
- Help run the day-to-day of the site fielding pitches, generating ideas, & line-editing stories from a team of existing writers, while bringing in & working with outside writers
- Conceive & assign the reporting of large-scale projects & manage the moving parts
- Closely follow shopping trends & news to assign relevant stories for the site
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
What you'll bring:
- Minimum four years editing experience required
- Experience in research service journalism preferred, though not required
- A Rolodex of writers who can pitch as well as execute Strategist stories
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of the online shopping-sphere, across all categories (fashion, beauty, homewares, gadgets, kitchen, etc.)
- Strong familiarity of SEO practices preferred
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.