Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 1,800 employees in the last 2 years.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Accounting Department. This individual will actively participate in improving the accounting
treatment, policies & processes surrounding Compass financial consolidations, mergers & acquisitions accounting, post-acquisition
integrations, & internal reporting. In addition, the successful candidate will help support a team responsible for overseeing the
accounting, reporting, & policy making for the various wholly owned subsidiaries throughout Compass. The ideal candidate is someone
At Compass you will:
- Aid in the month-end close process by posting journal entries & performing accruals across the various entities.
- Prepare consolidation & elimination entries on a monthly basis.
- Own the intercompany reconciliation process & align the process across the organization.
- Assist with coordinating & reconciling the periodic feeds of various ledgers into the consolidation system.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly reporting package for the acquired entities as well as on a consolidated basis.
- Assist with the monthly fluctuation analysis reviews.
- Prepare & review account analyses & balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain the integrity of the global chart of accounts & general ledger mapping from various accounting platforms.
- Assist in the enhancement of the Company-wide consolidations process.
- Work with various accounting teams across the Company to align accounting policies, procedures, & internal controls.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements.
- Ensure all financial activities are in accordance with GAAP, FASB regulations & corporate policies.
- Identify accounting issues, research & summarize solutions, as well as communicate resolutions.
- Evaluate accounting processes, internal controls, & reporting procedures for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate with the internal & external auditors for audit & accounting-related requirements.
- Other duties & ad-hoc projects as assigned.
At Compass You Will:
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of accounting experience.
- Big 4 experience, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of residential real estate, preferred.
- Experience working across multiple geographical entities.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with cross functional teams.
- Excellent customer service & ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong analysis, problem solving & decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & meet tight timelines.
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy & a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- PC proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.