Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Customer Success Engineer (CSE) role:
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) provides premium support & services to our customers in a post-deployment manner. The purpose of the role is to provide technical services & support to customers for all technical items that arise post-deployment & to act as the facilitator” between our customers & OpenGov.
In addition, the CSE role provides a premium level of service to help the customer maximize system & functional performance & usability in leveraging all available product functionality. In this role, you will provide technical services using a consultative approach in solving complex customer issues with the product. You will work closely alongside the Customer Management, Product, Professional Service, & Renewal teams focusing on solving complex customer cases to ensure maximized use of our products. It is key & essential that the individuals in this role understand the product functionality & the product roadmap to ensure the customers are obtaining a premium level of support & service to maximize product usage.
The CSE will call on internal relationships to problem solve & arrive at creative solutions for our customers. They'll be leveraged to work with our top customers to ensure retention & growth.
A successful CSE will not just answer questions for customers, but dig in & come up with solutions to a variety of time-sensitive, operational critical issues for our customers, while strategically considering long-term product adoption. In this role you will work to solve complex cases within the solutions engineering organization while consulting customers on ways to drive value with their platform, reducing the escalations to the professional services, product, & engineering development teams.
In addition, the Customer Success Engineer will be called upon to provide ongoing services relative to the customers' ever-changing business needs & assist with add-on services for named accounts.
• Work directly with customers to research, troubleshoot, & resolve technical solutions/issues in a timely manner; including, but not limited to re-configuration of OpenGov products.
• Partner cross-functionally with Customer Management, Product, Marketing, & Professional Services to drive strategic product adoption across the customer base.
• Drive product usage through consultations & one-on-one training sessions.
• Partner with the Renewals & Customer Management teams to ensure renewals & churn prevention.
• Provide scoping of post-deployment services & support.
• Manage the technical issues for Premium Support Customers & assist with prioritizing all open requests & upcoming projects.
• Support our Premium Support Customers with configuration work such as COA clean-up, data upload troubleshooting, & template troubleshooting using purchased agile service hours.
• Build an internal use-case-driven knowledge base on how to drive more value for customers.
• Effectively prioritize & escalate customer issues as required.
• Testing new software functionality & actively providing product feedback.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to meet company goals & solve customer problems.
• Provide information, support, direction, & problem-solving to the teams, as needed, in a manner that provides positive solutions, & if needed, adjust current processes to improve the delivery, coordination, or quality of the projects.
• Provide visibility, reporting, & key metrics around key organizational initiatives.
• Build an internal knowledge base on how to support our customers more self-sufficiently, efficiently, & effectively.
• 5+ years of experience with implementing, supporting, managing, tracking, & reporting on SaaS products.
• Experience working with ERP web service integrations.
• Experience working with government customers is preferred.
• Strong technical aptitude - Ability to grasp technical concepts & understand the capabilities, impacts, & potential risks of implementing proposed solutions, & be able to articulate them to Customers.
• Experience with customer support case management tools.
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills & experience working across multiple teams both within the division & across the company.
• Excellent interpersonal, human relations, written, verbal, & listening communication skills.
• Strong negotiations skills; can influence all levels of the organization & is skilled at leading others to action on key initiatives.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time management, & prioritization skills.
• The ability to absorb new technologies & features quickly.
• A team player attitude, working across the organization & company to continue improving the way we serve our customers
• Working knowledge of accounting & budgeting principles
• Government budgeting/finance experience